Tuesday, 2 March 2010

March 2010

Written on 2nd March 2010


Hey everyone....


The start of a brand new month, means a brand new blog from myself. This blog, I hope, will be a bit more of an exciting read for you as I give details on some new radio shows and I'll go in depth about the tracks played on Deep Senses 002.

The Progressive Showcase name change.
Let me start this month by explaning why I had to change the name of my show on Pure.FM. After posting my tracklist on a dance music forum, Birmingham based DJ, Tom Bailey approached the topic and asked why I had to call my show 'The Progressive Showcase.' After a few moments, it hit me. That is the name of his show on Sense.FM. Given that Tom is nealry 50 episodes into his residency on there, I thought it was only right that I changed mine. So from now on, my show is now know known as 'Deep Senses.'


Brand new radio station residencies.
During the course of february, I have received confirmation that I will be starting brand new residencies on both Insomnia.FM and Sense.FM. I haven't a great deal of info about the Sense.FM residency as yet, all I know is that it is to commence in March sometime. It will be a two hour show named Boundaries (which is what my last couple of promos have been titled), so it's kind of like bringing the Boundaries series to life somewhat. Each month, featuring a 1 hour mix from myself and then a special 1 hour mix from a guest DJ. More info coming soon on that. My residency at Insomnia.FM is also a monthly one but this one is just 1 hour long. This show will be called 'Styles.' I decided on this name because I would like to bring you a blend of progressive styles. You will hear some of the familiar deep, dark melodic stuff that I have been playing, but I will be incorporating more deep housey, techno influenced tracks, which is something I am looking forward to doing. More info on all my shows at the bottom of the page.



Deep Senses 002.
01. Soulfinder - Fundamental Movement [Carica] This track is perfect for starting off any progressive mix. Dark, deep and very atmospheric. Great track from the Irishman!



02. Franzis D - Laura Palmer (Hypnotic Duo Remix) [Liquid Grooves]
Hypnotic Duo are at it again. This time turning Franzis D's track into a eerie driving progressive track. Fast becoming one of my favourite production teams!


03. Dark Soul Project - What Is The Matrix [Deepsessions]
I could have chosen a whole bunch of tracks by Dark Soul Project to put in this set, but I went for this one. Some great vocal samples over a deep bassline and some excellent FX.


04. Da Funk - Smokin Hawt (Scott Bradford & Mark Lowry Remix) [Forensic] This is where the mix
starts to turn a little funkier but still keeping the deep sounds moving. A nice mellow deep house track, with a bit of a chilled out edge. Nice!


05. Audiofly - Formula Juan [8 Bit] "Come On!" The female vocal sample in this gets me every time. A piano based deep houser with lots of male voices that sound like quotes from films and speeches etc. I love it!


06. Crazy Minds - Kick The Bitch [BIT Records Mexico]
A very melodic progressive track here. A very simple melody played over a throbbing bassline. Would work easily in a deep house or a progressive set. Great track!


07. Cinnamon Chasers - Luv Deluxe (Jay Shepheard Remix) [Modus] Track Of The Month for me. When I heard James Grant drop this on Anjunabeats Worldwide a few weeks back, I knew I had to play it in my set. Dreamy deep house, gives me goosebumps!!


08. Sunburnt Octopus - Half Past Three [Hypothermik Musik]
This was a record I instantly took a liking too. Another piano laden deep track on a bit more of a proggy tip, this one perfectly balances between laid back house and deep progressive. Complete with sexy female vocal sample!!


09. Snake Sedrick - Untouchable (Cassino & Laben Remix) [Tilth Music]
This is one of the most beautiful tracks I've ever heard! Heard Kris Redding play this one on his show last time round and I was instantly hooked. Very atmospheric and has that trademark Cassino & Laben sound.


10. Kirsch & Scott - Systemic Endemic (Ziger Remix) [BIT Records Mexico] Forthcoming on BIT Records Mexico, this track is very Eastern flavoured and has a nice female vocalist on this one. It was very hard to choose between Ziger's remix and Liliprod's. Ziger's just had the edge!


11. Kassey Voorn - Life On Hold (Bobby Deep Remix) [CDR] This is a promo which I received from Greek producer and DJ Bobby Deep. A track with very warm atmospheres and layers and a lovely little melody. Perfect.


12. Matias Larossa - 50 Dead Men Walking [Mestiza]
Mestiza Records showing their class with this release from Matias Larossa. Very deep and driving with a hauntingly beautiful melody. Makes me shiver everytime I hear it!


13. D-Slide & Doxx - Jero (Python Remix) [Mistiquemusic] A recent release from one of my favourite labels, Mistiquemusic. Another release that had 4 strong mixes to choose from. I chose Python's remix in the end because of it's warm, deep house influences and groovy bass kicks!


14. Kay-D - Fruitful Love [Mistiquemusic] Kay-D has got it going on! This track taken from his awesome debut album, Source Of Miracles. An album which, again, I could have picked any track to use. Love the simple electric guitar sounds and the vocal cuts in this one. Nice work!


15. Shabu Vibes - Obscene Calls (Dyno Remix) [Shabulized] The bassline on this track is awesome. An absolute stomper of a track which would tear any dancefloor up. Turn up very loud to get the full effect!!


16. Dark Soul Project - Bomb (Hypnotic Duo Remix) [Mfai Records]
A second appearance for both Dark Soul Project and Hypnotic Duo. This is dark and driving progressive house at it's very best. Nice and pounding with a fine foot tapping beat!


17. Mario & Eric J - Strange Feeling [Source Of Gravity] Another deep atmospheric melodic track, that builds very nicely. A track that I was hooked on as soon as I heard it. Has Kevin Spacey in it too!!


18. Squareface feat Dani G - Red Sunset (Tim Scott's Vocal Mix) [Coldtap Recordings] Each month, I would like to play you a track which has been a personal classic for me. This track takes us back to 2006 and one of the most sought after vocal prog records. Gorgeous vocal track over a great driving bassline!


19. Paul S-Tone & Christian Bonori - Veiled Sunrise [Selektor Music]
Another instant winner for me here. Heard this on fellow Pure.FM DJ, Tim Robert's show and fell in love with it there and then. A thumping concoction of bass and percussion with a few funky sound effects thrown it. Play loud once again!


20. Vibetech - Back To Infinity (Michael & Levan & Stiven Rivic Remix) [Panda Recordings] Does it get any better than this? Michael & Levan with Stiven Rivic, remixing Vibetech (aka Tropical Highlight)... I think not. I'll let the track do the talking!

Download: http://www.is-music.net/mixtapes/download/1145/
Stream: http://www.is-music.net/mixtapes/stream/1145/

Radio Show Information


Deep Senses (2 hour show) - Every 1st Sunday of the month, 23:00 GMT (Pure.FM)
Styles (1 hour show) - Every 3rd Thursday of the month, 19:00 GMT (Insomnia.FM)
Boundaries (2 hour show) - Time & day TBC (Sense.FM)


Useful Links


Facebook >> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=620431570
Twitter >> http://www.twitter.com/dansouthward
IS-Music (Download and stream previous shows and mixes) >> http://dansouthward.is-music.net/

See you guys next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment